Thursday, February 25, 2016

Be-ing You-rself

The design of my layout was literally inspired by the food my daughter was eating in this photo.  I just snapped this every day moment while we were enjoying a beautiful day on the patio of a nearby restaurant.  I love how this just shows her sweet-little-happy personality.

I just snapped this every day moment while we were enjoying a beautiful day on the patio of a nearby restaurant.

I decided to create 2 sets of tulips in a quilt type design, which I created in Silhouette by mixing triangles with different size squares.

Download the Quilted Tulip Silhouette cut file.



 I laid the tulips out in a symmetrical format but you could use them in so many fun ways on a layout. The photo is slightly larger so that once layered, it overlaps all the tulips, leaving just enough space on the sides for a long title and an area below for journaling. For my title, I chose to highlight specific words within words to add a little more fun to the page. It also serves as an underlying message to my daughter.

Supplies: Bella Blvd. Sweet Sweet Spring: Her Bunny Hop, To Dye For, Paper Pieces; Let's Go: Taxi; Color Chaos: Words of Wisdom; Just Add Color: Treasures & Text, Trinkets B & W; Invisibles: Amore; IF Whatever is Lovely: Treasures & Text; Tiny Text: Bold & Beautiful, Wild Berries, White, Black; Ciao Chip Elements: Flowers & Clouds, Hearts & Stars; Enamel Dots: Punch

No comments: