Monday, December 28, 2015

Lucky 13

Hello friends.  You know what’s great about the Gossamer Blue kits? They’ve got everything you need in one, or 2 or 3 packages and it takes the guess work out of scrapping on the go whether it to a friend’s house, retreat or vacation.
I’m scrapping while on holiday in Europe and my kit arrived right before I left so I packed it right in my carry-on. I bring a small case of essential tools – small scissors, adhesive, pen, etc. so it’s an easy grab & go. Oh and my Instax printer.
Santorini
Here is my December Kit getting ready to be scrapped on a balcony is Santorini, Greece.  Oh to be back there now!
This month’s kit is filled with little (and big) hidden gems.  Every time I started to create, I found something new and interesting that just kind of popped out of nowhere.
This is exactly what happened as I started working on this month’s pattern play.  I honed in on the Pink Paislee Memorandum clipboard elements.  My Instax printer prints small 2×3 ish photos so when I saw the clipboard paper and stickers, I knew I had to do a play on that.
Lucky 13 by Heather Leopard
Supplies: December Main kit, Main Kit add-on, Life Pages kit, Life Pages Themed Add-on
I created a background using papers from the 6×6 paper pad and then layered the hand cut clipboards around the page, leaving a feature spot for the photo.
Lucky 13 Title by Heather Leopard
We are on vacation celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary so I thought I’d do a huge title using the supersized numbers. Some people think the number 13 is good and others think the opposite.  I happen to think it’s rather lucky hence my title.
Lucky 13 Journaling by Heather Leopard
I used the labels from both the stationary set and the 6 x 6 paper pad to add my journaling, location and date.
Each little quadrant of the layout is it’s own little story that comes together to tell the bigger story.  It was quite fun adding here and there to tie it all together into one love story.

2 comments:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a fabulous layout! Love all the details you added!!

MadeByKarla said...

Oh my! What a view! And such a Lovely layout :)