Friday, July 26, 2013

Spring Has Sprung Home Decor

Okay, so it's officially summer now but I just realized I never shared this fun Spring project I made for the American Crafts blog. No idea why I didn't share here but anywho, here goes.

I added a piece of pattern paper behind the glass as my foundation.  I then ventured outside and found some twigs lying on the ground because I wanted to re-create a little cherry blossom tree in my own house.

I downloaded a cutting file from the Silhouette store and went to town cutting and cutting and cutting and cutting. Oh my goodness, it was a lot of flowers to cut and peel. And then I had to share the inside pollen bits, glue them to the flowers and then shape the cherry blossoms. Phew, I am tired jut thinking about it.  I then tied the twigs in a bundle and hot glued them to the frame. I did that step before adding the blossoms to the twigs so that I could adhere them exactly how I wanted them on the frame.

Then I made a paper bow, also cut with my CAMEO and used it to complete the blossom bouquet.

Lastly I made my own cutting file and made banners that say Spring Has Sprung.  You can download them HERE.

If you are like me, sweating up a storm here in my little suburb of Houston, this might be a welcome reminder that it's not always this hot. Yeah, that's why I chose to wait to long to post it. That's right.

Alrighty now, thank for stopping by. Now go on and get crafty!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I feel your pain ! We live in New Braunfels, TX and its H.O.T. However, I'm in Savannah this weekend and its H.U.M.I.D!!! YUCK !!

Anyway, love your project !

ALINE said...

So beautiful!

Christine Rowfle said...

Beautiful project! Loving it! The flowers are very sweet!

Domestic services London

Diana Waite said...

this is just BEAUTIFUL!