Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY Washi Tape Birthday Card

One of many things that I love about being on the Imaginisce design team is that we do swaps with other manufacturers. Glue Arts sent us a tons of adhesive and Glue Glider Pros - THANK YOU GLUE ARTS!

I came up with a lot of fun dimensional projects I could make with the stuff they sent but something told me to try something new so I decided to use the 3D adhesive like washi tape. Here's the card I made:

To make this I used the Glue Arts 3D Adhesive Pac which comes in one larges square.  I cut it into strips, the size I wanted, cut the sides all "willy wonky" and then took as much of the tackiness off one side of the adhesive by just pressing my fingers on it.  Then I pulled out all of the Imaginisce birthday bash collection stamps, inked them up and started stamping away.  I set it aside to dry in the morning and came back in the evening to apply it to the front of my card.  I topped it off with a few candles from the birthday bash line. Oh and I of course, always use my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro for all my projects.  They sent us one a few months ago and I just LOVE it! Back to the card...it's still a little tacky so I won't be putting it in an envelope; instead I'm going to attach it to the top of the present, which will be wrapped in kraft paper wrapping and stamped in select spots using the same stamp sets.

Make sure to head over to the Imaginisce blog as well because they are giving away an entire collection of Santa's Little Helper!!!

3 comments:

Clare G said...

I just love your washi tape technique- and those candles are adorable!

Trisha said...

You are just to clever. Love what you did with the tape and stamps. Do you think some of the powder that you put on excess glue might take the sticky off? I have used it and it does not leave any residue visible. Love your papers and all. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Diana Waite said...

this turned out SO cute!! I really like this technique and those candles are some of my favorites! :)