Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Families are a BLESSING

I made this layout this past weekend using a Lilybee collection that I have had been holding onto since the fall. I knew I wanted to use it for our family photos that we took in November so I hoarded it. I only had 2 sheets of paper and a sticker sheet from this collection so I challenged myself to stretch it as far as I could. This might just be one of my new favorite layouts!  
Supplies: Lilybee Designs Catching Fall Collection - Cider and Caramel Apple papers, Catching Fall Stickers, Brown Mesh Flower, Imaginisce i-rock (small & medium brad daddies), Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists - Charcoal, Brick, Tattered Leather.
 
A few close-ups:


As I mentioned I didn't have a lot to work with but I think I stretched it pretty far. Would love to get my hands on more complete collections. I'll be petitioning it at my LSS's for sure!
I made a sketch based on my layout in case anyone wants to play with it!

To complete the layout, I did the following steps:
  • Misted with 3 different colors of Glimmer Mist - Charcoal, Brick, Tattered Leather. To make the circle rings I sprayed the caps of the mists and then placed them down on the paper. I love the look it gave.
  • I cut random sized strips of paper and wove them together, using both sides of the paper. I included a strip of ribbon in there as well to give it a little something, something.
  • After the weaving, I placed a sentiments sticker in the mix to replace where I would had originally planned to put my title. I also placed the big, mesh flower on the layout.
  • I added some strips to the upper right, along with a journal block and another sentiments sticker. I placed a medium sized brad made with my i-top and a little fussy cut flower.
  • I loved the banners that came with the sticker sheet but I knew a banner wanted to stretch the concept of the banner, plus I knew a traditional banner would not be appropriate for this layout so I placed an odd amount (5) in the upper left to complete my triangle.
  • I added another brad and fussy cut flower to the layout and then I used glossy accents and crackle accents on all 4 of them. It's interesting how the crackle gloss turned the color of the paper from brick red to auburn. Those two accents were from the black with red flowers paper. I kept them because the color turned out to match so well.
  • Lastly, I stitched in various placed over the layout.
  • Oh and of course, I journaled :)
I really love how this layout turned out and I hope you do too!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

awww this really came out cute.

Nati Tristan said...

this is an amazing layout! I love it!

Anna said...

Fab layout! The sketch is brilliant too, I might have to use that!

Diana Fisher said...

Great layout, love how fun it is!

Audrey Yeager said...

super super super gorgeous!! Love the aplatters.

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous layout. I love all of the different strips of patterned paper. :)

Diana Waite said...

this is WONDERFUL! The strips of paper are so GREAT!!