Sunday, February 7, 2010

Check out

what my hubby got me!!!!!  I am so excited with this find.  I'm using it as my "Inspiration" center.  I told my Pottery Barn Armoire (PBA) that I still loved it but had to share that love by adding another element to the scrapping dynamic.  The PBA will be home to my tools and things I don't need at my fingertips.  It's just on the other wall so it's no biggie to get to things.  Here's some photos of the new "Inspiration Zone". You can't tell from the photos but it's got a great distressed look. 

Here's what it looks like when not in use:
Now check this out.  The top doors open to the sides and the larger piece pulls down for a larger desktop area.  Look, it's got 15 slots big enough to hold 12 x 12 paper. I've already identified slots for my new paper, online challenges, my baby stuff (I seem to be working on that theme constantly), works in progress (WIP), and layouts that just need a few finishing touches (the perfect title, journaling, etc).  It's got an taller area on the left for my sketch books, magazines, or whatever I decide to use it for.  The right side has 3 shelves.  Another cool thing is that the back part of the unit has built-in pegboard.  I love that I can be mid-way through a project and just close all the doors when not in use.
The lower section has some great drawers too - 3 on the left, one in the middle and another 4 on the right.  I just need to figure out how to make the most of them, since some are hard to access when the desk drawer is down.  I have some ideas already. 
I'm still trying to figure out what goes where so I decided that instead of filling it now I will fill it while I work at it.  I think that will be the most effective way to know what works best and where.  We also got an entertainment center with the same black, distressed finish?  Did I mention that I love these new finds?

No comments: